Get Covered San Francisco!
Find out what your new health coverage options are under the Affordable Care Act.
Which of the following are you?
I'm an Individual
Need to find out what health coverage you and your family are eligible for? Learn about your options, what financial assistance may be available to you, and how to enroll.
I'm a Community Partner
Want to help enroll your community members in health care coverage; learn more about what the Affordable Care Act means for your community; and see what events are happening in your neighborhood? Get connected!
I'm a Business
Want to support your employees and find out your responsibilities under healthcare reform? We're here to help.
Better Benefits, More Coverage, Lower Cost
On January 1, 2014, new health benefits made available by the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act go into effect. This means many San Franciscans will have new health care coverage options, providing better benefits at lower costs. Sign up for this new health care option starting October 1, 2013.
Confused about what your options are? We are here to help! San Francisco wants to make sure ALL of our residents have quality health care coverage.
If I haven’t had insurance before, why should I get it now?
- There are new and affordable insurance options for individuals and families without insurance; for some, insurance will be available at no or low cost.
- It’s easy: you can compare coverage levels, costs and quality scores between plans – online, on the phone, or in-person.
- All plans now have to offer key important things: doctor’s visits, ER visits; maternity care; prescriptions.
- Financial help is available.
- Take care of yourself and your family, so you are prepared if someone gets sick.
- It’s the law: individuals who do not have insurance in 2014 may face a penalty.